SEATTLE - Beachgoers in West Seattle got an ugly shock.

Hundreds of hypodermic needles, washed ashore in the afternoon high tide Thursday. It forced the closure of that section of beach until the Seattle/King County Health Department decides it's safe to go back in the water.

The needles washed up right where kids playing in the water could find them.

"And then I picked it up with my own bare hands," said Dagney Lansdowne, 7. "Then I went to my mom and said, 'look mommy, a needle'."


Only really interesting 'cause Mom & I were there just yesterday. The article goes on to say that the needles were unused & capped, so it's not really that big a deal...but, still. Something creepy about floating needles. Like little plastic sharks. Or big plastic mosquitos. Or medium-sized plastic hummingbirds. Without wings.

Right.


Comments

Popular Posts