Midnight blogging time. That silly Unwrapped show is on behind me, talking apple pie. Tell me, how can a show about candy, fast food and Poppin' Fresh collectibles, hosted by the guy from Double Dare be this compelling? The narration is both asinine AND bland, the subjects are fluff at best and there's something about minimum-wage workers in hairnets stirring corn syrup into giant rotating steel vats that makes me want to retch at the mere sight of a Milky Way bar. I have to admit, though, that it cracks me up whenever some front office stooge poses in front of a display of marshmallow fluff or Cracker Jacks and talks about production volumes of "the food product." Dunno why the hell that cracks me up, but it does.

Two job interviews tomorrow, one with Washpirg, the other with some electronics assembly house. *sigh* I know I need to do it, but dammit, I was hoping for something fun to come along, something I could ride for a while. C'est la vie, I suppose. Baby needs her steaks, Billyhank needs his beer, we both need a roof over our heads. Still, if anyone out there needs a writer (and there's some far-flung folk, according to Webstat...somebody from Denmark was reading this thing the other day), use the brasscity email addy and give me hope for better days.

*Bah*

I miss my youth. I wasn't doing anything good with it, but I liked having all those options.

Night, y'all.

Comments

Popular Posts